Saturday, November 6, 2010

Debate on 9/11

I teamed up with a right-wing nemesis to take down the foe of illogical conspiracy theories.

OK, Kevin Reagan isn't really my nemesis... but doesn't it sound way cooler when I put it that way?

Jake Emery
9/11 was a conspiracy. I can't believe you're focusing on fictional death panels and not the 9/11 conspiracy.


Jake Emery
I mean, of course, that our government was in on it.

Matthew Rozsa
Jake...

Please don't say that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Osama bin Laden admitted to the crime, and the evidence that this was an attack by (as South Park put it with their own admirable bluntness) "a bunch of pissed off Muslims" is beyond dispute. The real scandal in the Bush Administration is how they focused on a tangent (Saddam Hussein and Iraq) instead of concentrating our resources toward capturing bin Laden and bringing him to justice.

Jake Emery
Matt...

I will say it. It was.


Matthew Rozsa
You can say whatever you want, but the facts don't favor you on it. We have an overwhelming body of evidence proving that al Qaeda planned, orchestrated, and implemented the attacks, including the statements of Osama bin Laden himself. I regret to say that those who want to place the blame on George W. Bush are motivated by the same variables as those who defend Hugo Chavez - i.e., a hatred of that president so deep and abiding that they close their minds off to basic facts and common sense.

Jake Emery
I don't place the blame on President George W. Bush.

Matthew Rozsa
If you place the blame on anyone other than Al Qaeda, you're wrong.

Jake Emery
How do you know I'm wrong? How do you know what I'm talking about, for that matter?

Matthew Rozsa
I know, having done research on this, that Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda are solely responsible for the 9/11 attacks. You've already said that you believe the "government was in on it", and so I can know that you're wrong, just as I know someone who says "evolution isn't real" or "the world is flat" is factually incorrect without having to hear the remainder of what they have to say in defense of their position.

Jake Emery
From where did you get your information?

Matthew Rozsa
Jake, I'm a bit weary of your evasiveness. If you have a point you'd like to make or an assertion you'd like to put out there, say it and assert it; otherwise, admit that you have nothing in your corner and back off. For you to play coy with me and try to force me to do your legwork for you is intellectually dishonest. The burden here falls on you, not on me.

Kevin Reagan
The better question is, from where did you get YOURS? Take a look at who says the government was in on the attacks. What groups are making this claim? And then tell us why their position is accurate.

Jake Emery
I get my information from same places you do.

Matthew Rozsa
*sighs, rubs the bridge of his nose, pops an aspirin*

Jake, either directly state your position on this issue and inform us as to your sources or drop the conversation thread. I haven't seen this much evasiveness since watching Kanye West trying to explain himself after the Video Music Awards.

Kevin Reagan
So if all of those sources tell you that 9/11 was perpetrated by 19 radical Muslims of a terrorist organization calling itself Al Qaeda operating out of the safe haven of Afghanistan, please explain how you can logically arrive at the conclusion that the attacks were a government conspiracy.

Jake Emery
I didn't say the attacks were a government conspiracy. Take a look at what I said.

Kevin Reagan
Jake Emery: 9/11 was a conspiracy. I can't believe you're focusing on fictional death panels and not the 9/11 conspiracy.

Jake Emery: I mean, of course, that our government was in on it.

Matthew Rozsa
Jake Emery: Matt...

I will say it. It was.


Jake Emery
Yes. That's what I said. I did not say that the attacks were a government conspiracy. The attacks were perpetrated by 19 radical men from Al Qaeda. It'd be ridiculous to think otherwise.

Matthew Rozsa
Um..............................

You know what? I'm going to let this rest there. You've admitted that Al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden were the perpetrators of the attack, and I'll settle for that.

Jake Emery
Haha, I'm more than happy to let it rest here :)

Kevin Reagan
I'm good with that too.

Jake Emery
BUT. For the record: "the government was in on it" and "the attacks were a government conspiracy" are not the same claim.

Matthew Rozsa
Fine. By the way, when did you stop beating your wife?

Matthew Rozsa
No. Wait. Please don't answer that. I want this to end.

Jake Emery
I stopped beating her 24 years ago :-D

Christina Cruz
Lmao, Seeing Kevin and Matthew "team up" is a rare treat.

Jake Emery
Is there a reason you don't wanna keep talking about this.

Matthew Rozsa
Yes. This conversation is annoyingly pointless. Now please let it end.

Jake Emery
Omg Matt relax. Not feeling open-minded this week?

No comments: