Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Silly Facebook Quote Game 2 - Part 1 of 3

People were asking me to bring back the quote game, and who am I not to oblige?

QUOTE ONE:

Matthew Rozsa
I actually started with a quote that, since no one seemed to be guessing it, I took down on the grounds of it being too tough. Unfortunately, Christina Cruz actually DID figure out the identity of the quotemaker right before I removed it, thus unfairly denying her the credit she had earned... or so she thought.


Christina, you are hereby awarded the three hundred points you deserve for knowing that Miguel Cervantes said '"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
2 hours ago ·


QUOTE TWO:

Matthew Rozsa
Back by popular demand, it's THE SILLY QUOTE GAME! Now, for THREE HUNDRED POINTS:
This president famously met with protesters in the early AM hours at the Lincoln Memorial, and while chatting amiably with his avowed political enemies, bluntly admitted that ""I know you think we are a bunch of so and so's."

Christina Cruz
Johnson?
2 hours ago ·

Megan Humphreys
Dude, I knew that one!

This one ... shit, that sounds ridiculously familiar ... was it Bush II or Nixon?
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
You have to pick one, Megan.
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
And no, Christina, it wasn't LBJ.
2 hours ago ·

Christina Cruz
Curses, sounds like something he would say.
2 hours ago ·

Megan Humphreys
Fuck. If it were GWB, it'd probably have some fake Texas colloquialism in it (add "varmints" to the end, maybe) so ... Nixon?
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
I'll give you the points, Megan, because it was Richard Nixon.
2 hours ago ·

Megan Humphreys
:D :D
2 hours ago ·


QUOTE THREE:

Matthew Rozsa
For two-hundred-and-eighty-seven-and-three-fifths of a point, tell me who said:
"Can we say that shoes from Texas are dumb?"
2 hours ago ·

Christina Cruz
Spoungebob and Patrick.
2 hours ago ·

Christina Cruz
Oh, I guess I have to pick one, so Patrick.
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Correctamundo!
2 hours ago ·

Christina Cruz
Aww snap!
2 hours ago ·


QUOTE FOUR:

Matthew Rozsa
For three-hundred-and-twelve-and-two-fifths of a point, tell me who said:
"There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers."
2 hours ago ·


Christina Cruz
I kno the awnser but I feel like Im dominating this whole thing, so I'll keep it to myself.
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Oh come, Christina... if you've got it, flaunt it!
2 hours ago ·

Allison Rose Frederich
The Chelsea Lately host....Chelsea something!!!
2 hours ago ·

Christina Cruz
Chelsea Handler
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
I'll give it to you, Allison, since there is only one well-known Chelsea who you could possibly be thinking of (it's Handler, by the way).
2 hours ago ·

QUOTE FIVE:

Matthew Rozsa
For four-hundred-and-forty-four-point-four points, tell me who said:
"My Jewishness is the dominant element in my life. From this has come my sympathy with the downtrodden masses which motivates all my work."
Please don't look the answers up. I know you have the ability to cheat, but that doesn't mean that you should do so. Otherwise, what makes you any better than Barry Bonds?
2 hours ago ·

James Ylisela
Benjamin Cardozo!
2 hours ago ·

James Ylisela
and I didn't cheat. Spongebob for the first one...(I cheated)
2 hours ago ·

Allison Rose Frederich
diego rivera?
2 hours ago ·

James Ylisela
Ahhh!! Your right!
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
She is right, James, but you were surprisingly close. Sephardic Jews like Rivera and Cardozo are not as well in America as are their Ashkenazi counterparts (such as yours truly).
2 hours ago ·

Christina Cruz
LMAO. Einstein?! I have no idea.
2 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Interesting piece of trivia: Cardozo is the only Jew ever appointed to the Supreme Court by a Republican president. He was placed there by Herbert Hoover; the other Jewish judges were appointed by Woodrow Wilson (Louis Brandeis), Franklin Roosevelt (Felix Frankfurter), John Kennedy (Arthur Goldberg), Lyndon Johnson (Abe Fortas), and Bill Clinton (
Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer). Indeed, the only Democratic president of the twentieth century to have an opportunity to appoint a Jewish judge who has refrained from doing so was, ironically, the same one who recognized Israel - Harry Truman (Jimmy Carter never got to appoint a judge, and Barack Obama's presidency hasn't ended yet, although I suspect he will eventually place Elena Kagan on the bench).
2 hours ago ·

James Ylisela
And I do believe that Cardozo said something very similar to Rivera's comment
2 hours ago ·


For Part Two:
http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-2-part-2-of-3.html

No comments: