Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Silly Facebook Quote Game - Part 1 of 4

I was bored, so what did I do? I spontaneously created a game wherein I would post quotes on my Facebook status and challenge my friends to identify their sources. Surprisingly entertaining conversations resulted from this experiment, and I have posted the unabridged results on this blog.

FIRST QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
"This concept of 'wuv' confuses and infuriates us!" Twenty points goes to the first person who can post a status update with the origin of that quote (I'm going to be playing this arbitrary game for a while).
Yesterday at 12:54am ·

Ashley Robinson
FUTURAMA. You win so many cool points for quoting that show. :)
Yesterday at 12:54am ·

Matthew Rozsa
Wow. That took exactly 26 seconds.
Yesterday at 12:55am ·

Ashley Robinson
It does help that I have been watching that far too much in the past three days. I think I watched that exact episode maybe yesterday? I love the Omicronians. :D
Yesterday at 12:56am ·

Rachel Ana Brown
I love this new game!
Yesterday at 7:37am ·


SECOND QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
Thirty-one-and-a-half points will be given to the first person who can identify the origin of this exchange: "I want rain. I want, if there's a God, to kick some ass down here. Let's have some water! Jesus boy! Let's have some water! Christ man or Allah or Hindu floaty thing! Let's have some fucking water for these animals!"
Yesterday at 12:59am ·

Regina Teltser
It's from Grizzly Man.
Yesterday at 1:04am ·

Matthew Rozsa
Apparently the first two quotes weren't challenging enough. Let's see how you McSmarterbergs handle my next entry...
Yesterday at 1:05am ·

Rachel Ana Brown
I've never seen that movie--but now I want to.
Yesterday at 7:36am ·


THIRD QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
"Every so often a man has a day
He truly can call his.
Well, here I am to seize my day
If someone could just tell me where the hell it is."
Yesterday at 1:10am ·

Matthew Rozsa
For sixteen points.
Yesterday at 1:10am ·

Regina Teltser
oh please! Pippin.
Yesterday at 1:11am ·

Regina Teltser
the song was written by Stephen Schwartz and it's called "Extraordinary."
Yesterday at 1:12am ·


FOURTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
Twenty-and-one-third of a point to the person who figures out the man who spoke these words: "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Yesterday at 1:17am ·

Megan Humphreys
A League Of Their Own?
Yesterday at 1:49am ·

Ilya Feldsherov
Red Sanders, UCLA football coach in the '50s
Yesterday at 1:52am ·

Ilya Feldsherov
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Yesterday at 1:52am ·

Tiguhs OndaBayou
well, it's often attributed to Lombardi, right? but i think the origin is somewhat questionable, heard the UCLA coach might have said it as well...
Yesterday at 10:42am ·

Tiguhs OndaBayou
whoa, it comes from a little girl in a John Wayne/Donna Reed movie? lol
http://www.enotalone.com/article/11027.html
Yesterday at 10:44am ·

Ilya Feldsherov
Vince Lombardi DID actually say it, whether he misspoke or not--he is on record having said it, more than once--and he probably HEARD it from Red Sanders, who said it before him. Thanks for playing.
Yesterday at 3:07pm ·

Matthew Rozsa
Having researched this question, I have come to the conclusion that - regardless of whether the quote initially came from an old John Wayne movie - its distinctly athletic context requires that its originator be considered a sports professional. While I was under the misconception that Vince Lombardi was the first man to speak these words,
apparently UCLA Coach Red Sanders uttered them before him. As such, I award Ilya TWICE the original point allocation - not merely for getting this question right, but for besting me.
Yesterday at 3:26pm ·

Ilya Feldsherov
Thank you (x2).
Yesterday at 3:34pm ·


FIFTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
Twenty-nine points will be bestowed upon the individual who can identify the speaker of this line:
"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Yesterday at 2:14pm ·

Charlie D Brill
Richard Nixon
Yesterday at 2:50pm ·


For Part Two: http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-part-2-of-4.html
For Part Three: http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-part-3-of-4.html
For Part Four: http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-part-4-of-4.html

No comments: