Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Silly Facebook Quote Game - Part 3 of 4

For Part One:
http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-part-1-of-4.html
For Part Two:
http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-part-2-of-4.html

ELEVENTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
For thirty-nine points (and if I ever run for office, posting this is bound to get me in trouble):
“I was going to get an abortion the other day. I totally wanted an abortion. And it turns out I was just thirsty.”
Yesterday at 9:19pm ·

Liskula Cohen
she is one of my favs...Miss Silverman...what about chelsea handler..."I think we can all agree that sleeping around is a great way to meet people."
Yesterday at 9:29pm ·

Matthew Rozsa
It goes to Liskula!
Yesterday at 11:31pm ·

Matthew Rozsa
And yes, sleeping around IS a great way to meet people (although not necessarily the most advisable).


TWELFTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
I'm going to do five more of these quotes, and then I'll determine the winner. Next up, for thirty-six points...
"Sedagive?!?!"
Yesterday at 11:34pm ·

Regina Teltser
Dude... "Young Frankenstein"
Yesterday at 11:45pm ·


THIRTEENTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
That last one was too tough, so I deleted it. This one is worth twenty-seven points... This man, right before being shot in the head, said "No, you certainly can't" when someone remarked to him that "You certainly can’t say that the people of haven’t given you a nice welcome."
19 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
Kennedy, that was an easy one.
18 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Confident, aren't we?
18 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
I am equally full of myself and beer in most instances.
18 hours ago ·


FOURTEENTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
For twenty-two-and-two-thirds of a point:
"Look at me! When you're killing me you look at me!"
18 hours ago ·

Regina Teltser
I don't remember which number, but it's from the latest "Saw" movie.
18 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
A) It's "Saw VI".

B) I am clearly NOT making these quotes challenging enough.
18 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
That explains it, I haven't seen anything past Saw II. I don't feel it to be a great loss.
18 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Actually, "Saw VI" has some surprisingly astute social commentary on the modern health care crisis (I shit you not). I elaborate on this in one of my blog posts:
http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2009/09/future.html
18 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
I might check it out. I was skeptical after they started releasing a new movie every damned year.
18 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
The problem with the new movies is that it's hard to understand the plot without having seen each of its predecessors. My advice, if you want to appreciate the social commentary, is to ignore the parts you can't understand and focus:

A) On the fact that, unlike the previous film, here is a movie that understands the value of quality acting, intelligent storytelling, and using intrinsic narrative tension and clever pacing to build up suspense;
B) On the sometimes exquisite dialogue (see the previous quote);
C) On the surprisingly insightful analysis of and criticism regarding our health care system.
18 hours ago ·


FIFTEENTH QUOTE:

Matthew Rozsa
I've decided to include three more quotes after this one. Now, for FIFTY points: "That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I needed! It's not fair!"
18 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
TWILIGHT ZONE! Episode Time Enough At Last.
18 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
... furiously sputters streak of indecipherable profanity...
18 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
I think I've seen every Twilight Zone New Years' day marathon since I was born.
18 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Dude, this is my favorite TV show. I own all five seasons on DVD, rewatch my favorite episodes whenever I am bored, and have read Marc Scott Zicree's "Twilight Zone Companion: Second Edition" from cover-to-cover.
18 hours ago ·

Kevin Brettell
Just a quick side note, this was also stolen by The Simpsons. Homer's last brain cell utters this just after dropping and breaking its glasses.
11 hours ago ·

Matthew Rozsa
Actually, you are thinking of an episode of "Family Guy". I don't remember the title, but it's the one where Peter realizes that he is a virtuoso piano player when inebriated.
10 hours ago ·

Kevin Brettell
You're right; I had it wrong. The alcohol had just killed all but his last brain cell.
10 hours ago ·

Kirk Harlan
Though it wouldn't surprise me if this also appeared in the Simpsons in some fashion or another.
3 hours ago ·


For Part Four:
http://riskinghemlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/silly-facebook-quote-game-part-4-of-4.html

No comments: